We would love you to come along to our club and see what we’re all about.
The first few visits are free and are really just so that you can get to know the other members to see if we are the kind of club you would enjoy coming to. After that, depending on your circumstances, yearly membership works out at a very reasonable pro-rata rate. Currently, that’s at most £50 for the whole year for normal members, £45 for pensioners and £30 if you are on a lower income. That makes us (most likely) the cheapest club in the whole area and when you consider that we meet for 51 weeks of the year (most don’t), it’s an incredible bargain.
We do cater for beginners but ask that they already understand the basics of the game.
Currently, we are unfortunately unable to cater for children but recommend that you visit the Kent Junior Chess Association (KJCA) website, which has details of events and training, that you might find useful.
Club nights are on Wednesdays at the address below between 7.30pm and 10.30pm but you can arrive and leave at any time in between. If you click on the link at the bottom of the page or here, it will bring up a map showing exactly where we are.
If you would like to learn more about the club, please feel free to contact either Lee (our club chairman), or Ian (our club treasurer), for further information. Alternatively, just send us an email. It’s your move :-)
- Lee Brockwell - 01322 553439
- Ian McAllan - 07880 582868
Hurst Community Centre, Hurst Road, Sidcup, DA5 3LH
Enter the building at the side, follow the corridor to the end and you will see a sign showing where in the building we meet. The clubroom is on the first floor. Go up the steps that you see on reaching the first floor and turn left.
- You will need to wear a mask within the communal areas of the site, which include the corridors and stairs.
- Government advice is to wear face coverings in the club which some members follow. Anybody is entitled to decline to play an opponent not wearing a mask.
- Hand gel and spare masks will be available (but please note the requirement to wear one on entering the building).
- We are unable to provide food or drink. If you wish to drink something, please bring along a sealed container.